Massachusetts was the first state in the United States to enact a comprehensive education statute in 1789. Colonial Massachusetts was one of the first locations in the globe to recognize the need of public education for young people.
This Video Should Help:
The “history of education during the colonial times” is a question that has been asked for a long time. The first colony to mandate public education was Massachusetts in 1642.
- what was unique about colonial schools
- why was education important to the new england colonies
- education in the new england colonies
- how was education provided in the middle colonies
- school in colonial times vs today